Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Annie Annie is offline

Default Sentences in Microsoft Word

Hi
I am an IT Trainer and one of my students discovered something strange today
in class. Normally, when they type text into the Word application and enter
a full stop (period), Word will automatically enter the next word with an
Uppercase letter. When they type in the following sentence this does not
work??? The quick brown dog jumps over the lazy fox. the quick brown dog
jumps over the lazy fox. I tried this myself and Word will not put the t in
the as an uppercase letter. But when any other text is typed it will. I
know the famous =rand() shows the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog and
not the other way around, but surely the rule should work for all sentences.
I was asked how this happened but I cannot answer so it is over to the
experts??? any ideas???

Many thanks
--
Kind regards

Ann Shaw
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This should work. Check in the "Exceptions" (Tools | AutoCorrect Options |
Exceptions) to make sure "fox" hasn't been added as an exception. Also, if
it is still checked, clear the check box for "Automatically add words to
list," which can cause a lot of grief.