Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Default Conditional Formatting a Mail Merge Label

Hi I need to create labels for some storage shelves and thought mail merging
excel and word would be a good idea. I need to create labels using different
coloured font depending on the type of item. I can use the following code to
change the formatting

{If{MERGEFIELD €śCategory€ť} = €śCategory1€ť {MERGEFIELD €śItem Description€ť
\*CharFormat} {If{MERGEFIELD €śCategory€ť} = €śCategory2€ť {MERGEFIELD €śItem
Description€ť \*CharFormat} {MERGEFIELD €śItem Description€ť \*CharFormat}}}

However my problem is that I have about 10 different colour options thus
requiring a number of if statement, however once I go past a certain number
of lines the font disappears of the edge of the label and I can't see what I
am typing. Are there any dialog boxes within word I am unaware of? Or do I
simply temporarily expand the label box to see all the text and then shrink
once I have finished typing the statement?

Thanks