Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
harlodude harlodude is offline

Default | appears when I hit shift button

A | pops up when I hit the shift key to long. It will even ||||||||| do this
if I leave it on to long. ANy ideas how to turn this off? I have Office 2003
with Word and Excel etc. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This sounds like the sticky keys option from Windows accessibilty options.
Turn it off via Windows control panel.