Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ShelleyRea ShelleyRea is offline

Default AutoCap Not Capitalizing Abbreviations

My friend is a medical transcriptionist and often uses abbreviations or
shorthand (f/u for follow up, o/w for otherwise, etc). Sentences that begin
with one of these abbreviations are not automatically capitalized.

A sample excerpt: €śPatient has a throbbing headache. o/w he is feeling
well.€ť Shouldnt o/w be capped and appear as O/w? I thought that if we
entered these abbreviations into the custom dictionary, Word would recognize
them as words and would auto cap them but that is not working. Any
suggestions?