Alan

Default cannot mail merge from excel to word

I have set up my data in Excel using several worksheets. When I open my Word
document it asks me to "open document in workbook" so I select the specific
worksheet that contains my data, and then I select "entire worksheet" for the
"name or cell range". I have tried it both with and without the "Format for
Mail Merge box checked" with no results.
No matter how I map to the excel data the merge will not complete
successfully.
any help? I know it has found the data because it let me insert the fields
from the header row in Excel into the Word document.
Microsoft Word 2000 and Microsoft Excel 2000
Thanks
ALF2020
Anne Troy

The key here, Alan, is "several worksheet". Word won't merge with "several",
only one... So you either have to do multiple merges (you can use named
ranges), or start copying your data onto one worksheet.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Alan" wrote in message
I have set up my data in Excel using several worksheets. When I open my
Word
document it asks me to "open document in workbook" so I select the
specific
worksheet that contains my data, and then I select "entire worksheet" for
the
"name or cell range". I have tried it both with and without the "Format
for
Mail Merge box checked" with no results.
No matter how I map to the excel data the merge will not complete
successfully.
any help? I know it has found the data because it let me insert the
fields
from the header row in Excel into the Word document.
Microsoft Word 2000 and Microsoft Excel 2000
Thanks
ALF2020

Alan

Dear Anne,
Thank you so much...that was easy. Since most of "Office" is intuitive I am
rather surprised that it cannot locate data on a specific worksheet when more
than one worksheet is present.
Sincerely,
Alan

"Alan" wrote in message
I have set up my data in Excel using several worksheets. When I open my
Word
document it asks me to "open document in workbook" so I select the
specific
worksheet that contains my data, and then I select "entire worksheet" for
the
"name or cell range". I have tried it both with and without the "Format
for
Mail Merge box checked" with no results.
No matter how I map to the excel data the merge will not complete
successfully.
any help? I know it has found the data because it let me insert the
fields
from the header row in Excel into the Word document.
Microsoft Word 2000 and Microsoft Excel 2000
Thanks
ALF2020

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the Excel section of the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.