Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alto Sax Alto Sax is offline

Default How do I summarize an article that I placed in Word 2007?

I recently purchased and installed Microsoft Word 2007 on my computer but do
not know how to summarize an article if I place in Word. I will be glad if
anyone can help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

Can you explain what you mean by summarize?

Normally, summarization is something done by a human, not by a program.

Dan

"Alto Sax" Alto wrote in message
news
I recently purchased and installed Microsoft Word 2007 on my computer but
do
not know how to summarize an article if I place in Word. I will be glad
if
anyone can help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

OH!!!! Mea culpa!

You mean the AutoSummarize command.

I've seen (and bookmarked) a page that has a map from the old menu structure
to the new menu structure. Sadly, those bookmarks aren't on this machine.
(Yet.)

Hopefully someone will chime in here.

Again, sorry I was so dense.

Dan

"Alto Sax" wrote in message

"Dan Freeman" wrote:

Can you explain what you mean by summarize?

Normally, summarization is something done by a human, not by a program.

Dan

"Alto Sax" Alto wrote in message
news
I recently purchased and installed Microsoft Word 2007 on my computer
but
do
not know how to summarize an article if I place in Word. I will be
glad
if
anyone can help.

I am sorry that my message was not clear enough. Well, my old microsoft
word would allow me to paste an article into word, and then I could go
under tools and use summarize. In turn, that would give me a summary of
the article that I originally pasted. Sorry, now back to my actual
question, I want to know how to do that on Microsoft Word 2007. I will
be happy for more feedback.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The AutoSummary Tools button isn't on the Ribbon, but you can add it
to the Quick Access Toolbar. Click the down arrow at the end of the
toolbar and choose More Commands. Set the category to All Commands,
click on AutoSummary Tools, and click the Add button.

The AutoSummary Tools button has a down arrow that opens a small menu.
It works mostly the same as in Word 2003.

For an interactive guide to where the old commands went, see
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...744321033.aspx. For the
download of a spreadsheet that you can use offline, go to
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...1 00625841033.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Alto Sax" wrote in message

"Dan Freeman" wrote:

Can you explain what you mean by summarize?

Normally, summarization is something done by a human, not by a program.

Dan

news I recently purchased and installed Microsoft Word 2007 on my computer