Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

Default visit a file already opened

Hi every one
I am writing a program which need reading data from word documents. One
problem is that when the end user opened a file(a.doc), if I also want to
read data from a.doc, everytime when I open the file by program, there always
a pop up dialog appear, I want to read data silently, so is there any method
to hide the dialog or share the doc silently by the end user and my program?
Here is my code about open doc file:

Private m_docApp As Word.Application = New Word.Application
m_docApp.DisplayAlerts = Word.WdAlertLevel.wdAlertsMessageBox
m_docApp.Visible = False
Dim doc As Word.Document
doc = m_docApp.Documents.Open(path, Visible:=False, ReadOnly:=True)