JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Default why do older versions of office have more fonts available?

Have you install all of the fonts? And did you buy Office just for the
fonts? If so, you've wasted your money. You can get thousands of fonts free
from the web.

BTW - I've edited your " name" and post. Perhaps a course in how to present
oneself in public would be a good idea.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"F***MSN!!!" wrote in message
I am sick of Microsoft trying to get money from me! I am working on a
newsletter for school and my brand new version of office has less fonsts
available than the old version of office at school! This is b******t.

Customer satisfaction will catch up to msn. Everyone at my work already
uses
word perfect, I am begining to understand why.

CyberTaz

I am sick of Microsoft trying to get money from me!

MS doesn't try any harder than any other company that deals in consumer
products. If you mean that they are continuously upgrading & improving the
products they offer and that they need to profit from the sale of those
product to stay in buisiness, I couldn't agree with you more... but I don't
see that as a problem. If this point relates to the 'missing fonts' issue you
couldn't be more off base, because MS doesn't sell fonts. If they were out to
get your money they would design their software to use _only_ proprietary
fonts obtainable _only_ from MS. In fact, its amazing that they offer the the
amount of 'freebies' they do, plus the online resources from which to obtain
them. Take a look at

for just one example, with links to numerous others. Perhaps if you spend as
much time researching as you do complaining you'd have less to complain about.

my brand new version of office has less fonsts
available than the old version of office at school

Why do you assume that the collection of myriad fonts came with Word? Just
because they are installed on the system and _available_ in Word says nothing
about where they originated. Many come with Windows, most software includes
fonts, many printer installations include fonts, and that doesn't even begin
to touch on the unlimited availability of fonts from other sources.

BTW- I hope some of the classes you're taking at whatever school you attend
will enhance your grasp of the English language.

Good Luck |:)