Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Willibus

Default footnote numbers skip

I have a friend who created a lengthy document with four footnotes. The
first three numbered correctly, but the last is numbered 10. There are no
other footnotes in the document. He is using Word 2003. I don't know if
there has been cutting and pasting from other resources. Could that be the
problem? He'd like to get the last footnote to number as 4.

There doesn't seem to be a way to manually number them and the section
break, page number doesn't seem to help control the number for the last
footnote. If we ask to start with a different number, it changes everything
and still leaves a gap.