Tom

Default "Professional Letter" template

In Office 2002xp, could I have the identical image of what appears on our
company's printed letterhead stationery appear on my word "Professional
Letter" template? How?
Thank you.

Tom
Jezebel

Depends what the image is. If it's a straight graphic or logo, scan it and
put it in the template's first page header. If it's a fancy typeface you'll
have to find a copy of the font and install it on all the computers that
need to use it, then set up the template to print whatever it is.

"Tom" wrote in message
In Office 2002xp, could I have the identical image of what appears on our
company's printed letterhead stationery appear on my word "Professional
Letter" template? How?
Thank you.

Tom

Tom

Before I posted the question, I tried to scan the sample letterhead. I did
not make much progress. I believe that I need to become more educated on the
scanning job. I have an hp ScanJet 3200C that I have owned since 1999. I got
to examine more on that. I figured if I treat that as an image/photograph,
then the sw used to produce the latterhead will become irrevalent; I believe
it was produced in Coral sw and I don't have the sw. Any more ideas will be
appreciated.
Thank you.

"Tom" wrote in message
In Office 2002xp, could I have the identical image of what appears on our
company's printed letterhead stationery appear on my word "Professional
Letter" template? How?
Thank you.

Tom

Charles Kenyon

Yes, by scanning in the letterhead portion of your stationery and putting it
into the first-page header of a custom document template.

Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm if you are coming from a WP
environment (or even if you are not).

If you are interested in creating templates that will work with the letter
wizard or use that wizard, you should look at the chapter on Advanced
Document Formatting in Using Office 2003 (or whatever your version is),
Special Edition, by Ed Bott and Woody Leonhard. It has detailed instructions
including instructions on getting the fields you want from your Outlook
Contacts for addressing a letter. (Chapter 19 of SE Using Office 2003) You
should be able to get this through your public library or at Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...ncecheckbookA/

Finally, take a look at the letter templates that come with Word. While they
are no great shakes as letterhead, they do use styles and AutoText lists
very well. If you use the same style names that are used in those templates
in your own letterhead for the same parts of the document, you will have
better luck with using the built-in AutoText entries in Word.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Tom" wrote in message
In Office 2002xp, could I have the identical image of what appears on our
company's printed letterhead stationery appear on my word "Professional
Letter" template? How?
Thank you.

Tom

Jezebel

Can't advise you on how to scan. As a technology it does, in general, work.
However the hardware has been subject to some brutal built-in obsolesence
over the past five years. If your scanner is five-years-old and your
computer is new you might have a hard time of it. (I know I did!)