Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
D Stromlund D Stromlund is offline

Default Linked Excel tables- font colors

I have a Word document with many linked tables. When I print the document
the font color in the tables prints only in black, however, colored cells do
print correctly. When viewing the document before printing the correct font
colors appear in the document. The tables are linked as a Picture (Windows
Metafile).

Does anyone know how to fix this so the color of the font will print?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Glen (TD DTP) Glen (TD DTP) is offline

OK, I have seen this problem before, and the solution may seem a bit strange.

The issue is actually the printer you have selected in Excel, I presume in
excel you have selected a B&W printer. Excel copies and pastes "as printed"
by default.

Solution:
1. Go into the Excel Slide and select a colour printer, and press close.
2. Update your links
3. Now print your document in word to the colour printer.

If this does not work, try printing you table from excel the the colour
printer and tell me if the font in in colour.

--
Glen (TD-DTP)
It''''s cold up here in Toronto...

"D Stromlund" wrote:

I have a Word document with many linked tables. When I print the document
the font color in the tables prints only in black, however, colored cells do
print correctly. When viewing the document before printing the correct font
colors appear in the document. The tables are linked as a Picture (Windows
Metafile).

Does anyone know how to fix this so the color of the font will print?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
D Stromlund D Stromlund is offline

Your solution sounded very logical to me. It didn't solve my problem
however. I can paste and print and it works, but when I link it doesn't.
The excel document does print the font in color when printed directly to the
printer.
Thank you, Dana