Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Vikrant Vikrant is offline

Default Tables and Ruler Toolbar problems

When embedding a table within a table, I notice that when I'm pulling on any
columns to expand or shrink them in the embedded table, the ruler is not
aligned directly over the table. It is either to the left or to the right of
the embedded table. However, in a non-embedded table, moving these columns
is easy as the ruler is directly positioned over this table.

I have tried setting the table properties indent from left tab to 0"
(TableTable PropertiesIndent from left) but this does not work.

What further complicates the problem of moving the embedded table columns is
that they do not move exactly as anticipated. If I move a column slightly,
the column expands or contracts disproportionately. How can this problem be
fixed?

Again, this is only a problem with embedded tables (tables within tables).

--
Vikrant