Microsoft Novice

Default Why can't I email merge in windows 2002? I have Outlook 2002

When I go to Word 2002, select Tools - Letters and Mailings - Mail Merge
Wizzard, e-mail does not come up as an option EVEN THOUGH THE HELP INDEX AND
ALL ONLINE TOPICS I'VE FOUND SHOW THIS AS AN OPTION (ALONG WITH LETTERS,
ENVELOPES, ETC). DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY???

I am using Outlook 2002 as well. Also, when I go to the mail merge toolbar
and click on the "Main Document Setup" button, the E-Mail merge radio button
is greyed out.

Graham Mayor

Check that win.ini has the following section

[Mail]
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMC=1
MAPI=1
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

Microsoft Novice wrote:
When I go to Word 2002, select Tools - Letters and Mailings - Mail
Merge Wizzard, e-mail does not come up as an option EVEN THOUGH THE
HELP INDEX AND ALL ONLINE TOPICS I'VE FOUND SHOW THIS AS AN OPTION
(ALONG WITH LETTERS, ENVELOPES, ETC). DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY???

I am using Outlook 2002 as well. Also, when I go to the mail merge
toolbar and click on the "Main Document Setup" button, the E-Mail
merge radio button is greyed out.

Microsoft Novice

I am sorry, but all thumbs here. What is win.ini? How do I check that it has
the section of code that you showed me in your response? I am sure it may
help, just don't know how to modify the code.

Microsoft Novice wrote:
When I go to Word 2002, select Tools - Letters and Mailings - Mail
Merge Wizzard, e-mail does not come up as an option EVEN THOUGH THE
HELP INDEX AND ALL ONLINE TOPICS I'VE FOUND SHOW THIS AS AN OPTION
(ALONG WITH LETTERS, ENVELOPES, ETC). DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY???

I am using Outlook 2002 as well. Also, when I go to the mail merge
toolbar and click on the "Main Document Setup" button, the E-Mail
merge radio button is greyed out.

Graham Mayor

win.ini is a text file in the windows folder (in notepad file open
c:\windows\win.ini)

It is hard to get this wrong, but make a copy of the win.ini file first.

Check the listing and if the section is missing or abbreviated add the lines
I posted earlier. If the [Mail] section is completely missing add it at the
end of the file.
Save the file and restart Windows.

Microsoft Novice wrote:
When I go to Word 2002, select Tools - Letters and Mailings - Mail
Merge Wizzard, e-mail does not come up as an option EVEN THOUGH THE
HELP INDEX AND ALL ONLINE TOPICS I'VE FOUND SHOW THIS AS AN OPTION
(ALONG WITH LETTERS, ENVELOPES, ETC). DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY???

I am using Outlook 2002 as well. Also, when I go to the mail merge
toolbar and click on the "Main Document Setup" button, the E-Mail
merge radio button is greyed out.

pasted chart loses data during merge to email Mike Williams Microsoft Word Help 0 May 26th 05 05:22 AM
Mail Merge Word/OutLook Express Date Missing causes email bounces? Biffo Mailmerge 0 May 19th 05 01:35 PM
email a mail merge Dan Mailmerge 2 March 10th 05 10:06 PM
Best recommendation for Windows XP SP2 mail merge application Thomas Bushman Mailmerge 0 February 15th 05 02:59 PM
Problems when performing a HTML email merge using Word 2003 Elise ~*~ via OfficeKB.com Mailmerge 3 January 31st 05 05:48 AM