Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bluefalcon bluefalcon is offline

Default strange AutoCorrect

I'm editing a book that has some colloquial speech in it. One of the things
I'm doing is cutting the end "g" off of "-ing" words. However, every time I
try to change "getting" to "gettin'," Word changes that to "g'tting'." I
don't understand this. I can't figure out how to make it stop. It's not in
the AutoCorrect list. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word? What localized language?

Word 2002 and 2007 (English language) both include autocorrect entries
to replace gettin with getting, so if you didn't delete the autocorrect
entry for gettin and you can't find an autocorrect entry for gettin,
then maybe you aren't looking in the right place.

Or maybe you created an autotext entry named gettin' although I don't
think this would be triggered unless you press Enter or F3 after typing
gettin'.

Or maybe you added g'tting to your custom dictionary and you have
enabled "Automatically use spelling suggestions from dictionary" in the
autocorrect options.

strange... lpi Microsoft Word Help 0 August 24th 07 07:45 PM
strange... lpi Microsoft Word Help 0 August 24th 07 07:45 PM
How to copy Autocorrect English GB to Autocorrect English US? muriema Microsoft Word Help 5 April 26th 06 10:59 PM
STRANGE PROBLEM Amit Mangla Microsoft Word Help 1 August 31st 05 11:17 AM
Very strange??? billybob New Users 1 January 21st 05 05:33 PM