Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dana Dana is offline

Default Can I create a pop up that appears when document opens?

I work for an insurance company that uses word to issue policies. Certain
endorsements that are added to a policy have restrictions/stipulations
regarding the endorsement and/or policy. For example, the state of Rhode
Island requires that a copy of the issued policy is sent to them.
In this example, I want a pop up messageto appear on the form (kind of like
a warning) stating "Policy Must Be Mailed To the Rhode Island Department of
Insurance." However, this message cannot print on the document. It is
strictly to be viewed only. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You would need a macro in the document template to pop up the message and
insert the relevant endorsement either from autotext or a document file e.g.
(at its simplest)

Sub InsertRIEndorsement()
MsgBox "Policy Must Be Mailed To the Rhode Island Department of
Insurance.", vbExclamation
Selection.InsertFile FileName:="c:\path\Endorsement.doc"
End Sub

Alternatively, insert a comment in the endorsement.