Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] als_trash@hotmail.com is offline

Default Footnotes with replicate numbers

Hello All,

I'm putting together a small table for a scientific document. In it, I
want to have some superscripted footnote numbers which point below to
the literature references. However, I want to have more than one "1"
or "2" for example in the table, each pointing to the same "1" or "2"
below the table where the literature reference is. I hope I've
explained myself here. Thanks very much in advance!

Best,
Allie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can insert a cross-reference to any footnote number (Insert | Reference
| Cross-reference), but for tables I generally find it more satisfactory to
create the notes (and their reference numbers by hand, so as to insert the
notes immediately below the table (often in a merged last row of the table)
rather than at the bottom of the page.

ups.com...