markecb markecb is offline
Junior Member

Default Word 2013 question - master list current list

Word 2013 - References
I have references in Word. Word fills the left (Master list) and right side (Active list).

I do not understand why because for each reference I do work equally. In the same way, fill out the book/web page etc.. information and have the same form of the APA citation style, etc ..?

What I'm doing wrong or better question is this wrong?

https://flic.kr/p/Ewnjd3

Do I need to make a copy from the main list of to current list, or?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your Master List contains every reference you've ever created. Your Active
List contains only references that appear in the current document.

You can add stuff to the bibliography (reference list) of your current
document by adding them to the Active List even if you don't cite them
as references within the text. then when you do "Insert Bibliography"
(or whatever), it will include everything in your Active List.

In your Active List, there's a check-mark beside each item that has been
cited as a reference in your document.

On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 3:31:02 PM UTC-5, markecb wrote:
Word 2013 - References
I have references in Word. Word fills the left (Master list) and right
side (Active list).

I do not understand why because for each reference I do work equally. In
the same way, fill out the book/web page etc.. information and have the
same form of the APA citation style, etc ..?

What I'm doing wrong or better question is this wrong?

https://flic.kr/p/Ewnjd3

Do I need to make a copy from the main list of to current list, or?

markecb markecb is offline
Junior Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
Your Master List contains every reference you've ever created. Your Active
List contains only references that appear in the current document.

[...]

Thank you Peter, just checking my document, there are properly showing all quotes, both from the Master and Active list and can not see the difference between them within a document.

How to copy all citation/quotes to the Master list, or leave it how it is, because the document properly appear all the quotes?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It looks like you have only just started using Bibliography Tool.

Make a new document on a new but overlapping topic. Then open "Manage Sources,"
copy over the existing items, and then add more items. You will see that
they automatically appear in both sides, but when you go back to the first
document, you'll see that the new items are in the Master List and not
in the Active List of the earlier document.

On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 3:31:02 AM UTC-5, markecb wrote:
Peter T. Daniels;496267 Wrote:
Your Master List contains every reference you've ever created. Your
Active
List contains only references that appear in the current document.

[...]

WilliamHerbert WilliamHerbert is offline
Junior Member

Great stuff, I hope this could help me to write my diploma

weber360 weber360 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamHerbert View Post
Great stuff, I hope this could help me to write my diploma
Hi William! I know that Word 2013 was not created for entertainment and review essayfactory at PaidPaper and other crap but I really don't like this modern UI. Maybe this would change but now it is everywhere.