Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Crewgirl

Default number of characters on a line using Microsoft Office Word 2003

How do I change my settings so that I can have 50 characters on one line in
an essay using Microsoft Office Word 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod

Hi Crewgirl,

To control that, you'd need to use a fixed-width font like Courier New and
adjust either font sixe, the the page margins or the paragraph indents, or
any combination of these, so that your document wraps after 50 characters.
You'll also need to turn off paragraph justification.
Of course, the way word/line-wrapping works means that some lines will end
up with less than 50 characters.

Cheers