Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TGilboy

Default Footnotes- How set page numbers by section, and ony that section

I must be an idiot. I have a 50+ page document with 2 sections. The 1st
section is just table of contents and header page. I finally got the table
of contents to work after some trial and error.

In section 2, I want to add page #s, ideally page X of Y. However I want Y
to be the total of pages in Section 2, not the whole document. I keep
getting Y where Y = total pages in document, not on section.

In addition, when I put it in as footer I get page numbers in Section 1,
which I do not want.

I have read the help windows regarding €śfields€ť, but frankly there not very
clear. I can usually figure these things out but I have run out of patience
on this.

Help!