Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nick Pullar Nick Pullar is offline

Default Open Word 2.0 files in Word 2007

Hi there

We have someone who regularly sends us files which I use Word macros to
import into a database.

The problem is that the files are Word 2.0 files and Word 2007 doesn't open
them (see http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=922850).

Does anyone know of a converter or other tool which will enable me to open
these files?

Many thanks

Nick Pullar
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TmljayBQdWxsYXI=?=,

We have someone who regularly sends us files which I use Word macros to
import into a database.

The problem is that the files are Word 2.0 files and Word 2007 doesn't open
them (see http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=922850).

Does anyone know of a converter or other tool which will enable me to open
these files?

Install an earlier version of Word on a separate machine, or a virtual
machine, and use that to open the files and save them to a more "modern"
format. Or request your client to save them as RTF.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org