Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hapkido[_2_] Hapkido[_2_] is offline

Default Can no longer turn off non printing borders in 2007

Seems to me we are going backwards here.

Just recently upgraded to Word 2007,
I often used this feature in older versions of Word that allowed me to turn
off the borders that were set to none - I use Print Layout view. Is this no
longer an option???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 08:06:03 -0800, Hapkido
wrote:

Seems to me we are going backwards here.

Just recently upgraded to Word 2007,
I often used this feature in older versions of Word that allowed me to turn
off the borders that were set to none - I use Print Layout view. Is this no
longer an option???

Which specific borders are you referring to?

If it's the table gridlines, put the cursor in any table cell, click the Layout
tab on the Table Tools ribbon (which is visible only when the cursor is in a
table), and click the View Gridlines button to turn it off and on.

If it's the text boundaries, go to Office button Word Options Advanced,
scroll down to the "Show document content" section, and check/uncheck the box
for "Show text boundaries".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hapkido[_2_] Hapkido[_2_] is offline

Thank you Jay,

Worked a treat
(and I was up late, real tired, when posting the question)