Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ORendaVD ORendaVD is offline

Default Hold the text please

Hello all,
I have a reaaly big .docx (1332 pages) and I need to make changes to
it, but every time I enter a paragraph or new line in page 4 (for
example) all the rows below it move downwards. how can I edit a page
without modifyng the entire .docx???

thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you add text to Page 4 and Page 4 is already full, then the text must
flow downwards. What do you expect the additional text to do? You could
delete some text to make room for the new text, but then it will just flow
upwards.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"ORendaVD" wrote in message
Hello all,
I have a reaaly big .docx (1332 pages) and I need to make changes to
it, but every time I enter a paragraph or new line in page 4 (for
example) all the rows below it move downwards. how can I edit a page
without modifyng the entire .docx???

thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Terry Farrell was telling us:
Terry Farrell nous racontait que :

If you add text to Page 4 and Page 4 is already full, then the text
must flow downwards. What do you expect the additional text to do?
You could delete some text to make room for the new text, but then it
will just flow upwards.

Maybe he is indirectly complaining about the repagination process that
occurs?

If that is the case, work in Normal View.

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Amish Amish is offline

Is this a re-pagination question, or an insertion question?

There are two modes when entering text:
Insert - where any added text will move existing text to the right and
down as necessary to accommodate the new text
Replace - where any text added will replace existing text one
character at a time, destroying the existing text as new text is
entered.

When inserting text, if 2 new pages are added before page 2, then what
was previously page 2 would have to become page 4; there is no way to
avoid this, and it is standard action for all word processors.

If you mean that there is not enough information to completely fill a
page, then maybe you have some manual page breaks that you would like
to remove. These can be deleted like any other character (using either
Backspace or Delete). They may not be visible if the Hide/Show feature
is not engaged.