Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Steffen Meier Steffen Meier is offline

Default selected what comments are printed

Hi,

I am writing a document with many comments\markups.

Some of them I want to be printed - but some I dont want to be printed.

All comments\markups should be visable and editable when the document is
displayed - but I want to control what comments\markups are printed.

Is there a way to do this ?
I use Word 2003.

thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Steffen

Steffen Meier wrote:
I am writing a document with many comments\markups.

Some of them I want to be printed - but some I dont want to be printed.

All comments\markups should be visable and editable when the document is
displayed - but I want to control what comments\markups are printed.

Is there a way to do this ?
I use Word 2003.

I don't have a lot of first-hand experience with the comment feature. If
you cannot simply hide comments, say, by one specific reviewer, then
it's getting kind of hard.

You could insert the special ("hideable") comments as normal paragraph
text, assign it a dedicated style, and toggle the style's visibility
(either manually, or through VBA).

Come to think of it, maybe you could simply apply a character style to
some of the comments themselves, and toggle this styles visibility in
the same way. Word might allot space to these comments, but if it works
(really untested here :-)), you could probably live with that.

0.2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |