niteowl

Default How to get ALL templates to show in the Preview window?

hi all,

I am running Office 2003, and have noticed when looking for a new
template, i.e. File | New not all of the templates give me a
preview.. (it is checked to do so)

Is there a way to make it do so?

thanks,
niteowl

TF

Open the Template and then use File, Properties and check the Preview check
box, save the template again. However, before you do this, it causes file
size bloat: so unless you are REALLY desperate, don't do it.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"niteowl" wrote in message
: hi all,
:
: I am running Office 2003, and have noticed when looking for a new
: template, i.e. File | New not all of the templates give me a
: preview.. (it is checked to do so)
:
: Is there a way to make it do so?
:
: thanks,
: niteowl
:

The "Save preview picture" check box is on the Summary tab of File |
Properties. To second what Terry has said, unless your template is so poorly
named that you can't tell what it is from the name *and* its formatting is
so distinctive as to be recognizable in that tiny thumbnail, a preview
really doesn't add much, and the penalty you pay is that every document you
create based on the template will also be saved with a preview unless you
clear this check box when you save the file (which you may not remember to
do even if you have "Prompt for document properties" enabled and certainly
not if you don't).

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
Open the Template and then use File, Properties and check the Preview

check
box, save the template again. However, before you do this, it causes file
size bloat: so unless you are REALLY desperate, don't do it.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"niteowl" wrote in message
: hi all,
:
: I am running Office 2003, and have noticed when looking for a new
: template, i.e. File | New not all of the templates give me a
: preview.. (it is checked to do so)
:
: Is there a way to make it do so?
:
: thanks,
: niteowl
:

niteowl

thanks Terry and Suzanne,

good to know about the bloat factor.. I'll use this sparingly.

niteowl