Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Proofreading doesn't work (for Korean)

I have Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007, installed on Windows XP (Korean
Version). I have Korean as my primary editing language, all Korean fonts
etc. work perfectly. However, Korean spell checker does not work. It seems
unlikely that this is because I do not have a Korean language installed. The
same software works fine on my Vista laptop. Has anyone encountered similar
problems with Korean or other languages. This applies to both word and excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I hope you're not using a pirated copy of Office 2007 Enterprise
(are you an enterprise?) and still expect Microsoft to give you
free technical support for your stolen software.

1. Verify settings in Word 2007:
a. Open a document that has this problem. Press Ctrl+A to select
all of the text.
b. Click on Review tab | Proofing: Set Language | choose your
language | uncheck the "Detect language automatically" and "Do
not check spelling or grammar" boxes | Default | OK.
c. Click on Office Button | Word Options | Proofing | check the
"Check spelling as you type" and "Check grammar with spelling"
boxes | uncheck the "Hide spelling errors in this document only"
and "Hide grammar errors in this document only" boxes | OK.

2. If the previous suggestion doesn't help, then in Word 2007
click on Office Button | Word Options | Add-Ins | Manage:
Disabled Items. If you see any disabled items that relate to
spelling, try enabling them.

3. If the previous two suggestions don't help, then:
a. Close Word.
b. Start regedit. In your Windows registry, if the key
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Proofing
Tools\1.0\Override" exists, delete it.
c. Restart your computer.

kevin wrote:

I have Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007, installed on Windows XP (Korean
Version). I have Korean as my primary editing language, all Korean fonts
etc. work perfectly. However, Korean spell checker does not work. It seems
unlikely that this is because I do not have a Korean language installed. The
same software works fine on my Vista laptop. Has anyone encountered similar
problems with Korean or other languages. This applies to both word and excel.

Common Proofreading Symbols Proofreading Symbols for Word Microsoft Word Help 0 November 14th 08 05:57 PM
Is there a specific edit/proofreading button Samct New Users 4 October 27th 06 11:59 PM
proofreading swallowbird New Users 5 March 12th 06 06:24 PM
Scroll too fast for proofreading michimac Microsoft Word Help 2 April 9th 05 03:05 AM
proofreading/copywriting tools in Word revjustice New Users 4 February 21st 05 10:05 PM