Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MDNur2009 MDNur2009 is offline

Default Can't open files in Microsoft Word

When I try to open any saved files, in Microsoft Word, a screen pops up and
say that "The file is unavailable." How can I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the
Office Plugin that comes with it (but don't disable Norton
AutoProtect). See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How
to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in"
for more information.

MDNur2009 wrote:
When I try to open any saved files, in Microsoft Word, a screen pops up and
say that "The file is unavailable." How can I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] group@datanumen.com is offline

Hi,

You said you got the message "The file is unavailable." whenever you
tried to open files in Microsoft Word. Our product Advanced Word Repair
can help you. It is a powerful Word recovery tool that can recover your
data in corrupt or damaged Microsoft Word documents.

To get more detailed information about Advanced Word Repair, please
visit http://www.datanumen.com/awr/index.htm

And a free demo version is also available at
http://www.datanumen.com/awr/awr.exe

Alan Chen
DataNumen, Inc. - World leader in data recovery technologies
Website: http://www.datanumen.com
Fax: +1-800-9917-FAX (US Toll-Free), +852-31829286 (HONG KONG)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is an answer to a problem he doesn't have. The documents are not
corrupt. They are inaccessible either because either Norton AV is preventing
access or because the Word registry has gone awry. Macropod has addressed
the first - the second is addressed by "How to re-register Word when
problems crop up opening files
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm "