Timmy21117 Timmy21117 is offline
Junior Member

Question Text overlaps some images in Word 2007

I have been successfully inserting images in Word 2007 for years.

Today, some (not all) of the images will not text-wrap correctly. The text that starts above the image location will appear in front of the image, if the wrap is set to anything except for "In Line". The text that starts where the image is will wrap correctly. If the wrap is changed to In Line and then back to Square sometimes the text will display correctly but when printed, will print over the image. The next time the document is opened, (even on a different computer) the text overlaps the image.

When anything is done to the image while it is in Word, such as adding text or shapes to it, the problem will then appear on that image.
When text or shapes are added, I then "group" image and the shape and text so they can be moved as a unit. Otherwise, moving the image or adding text will result in the shape remaining in the same location on the page while the image moves to another location.

A work-around is to copy the image into Paint, and then copy it back into Word. Then wrap then works as it should...for now at least.

BTW, a "grouped" image with shapes will not completely copy into Paint. Not all of the text in the single text box copies over. :-(

What to do about the wrapping?

Last edited by Timmy21117 : March 2nd 13 at 12:07 AM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Text overlaps some images in Word 2007

Did you try quitting and reopening Word? Maybe it just woke up on the
wrong side of the bed.

--
Timmy21117

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If this happens with a particular document, only, it might be corrupt.

Have you tried copying the content, minus the final paragraph mark (¶), into
a new document? (To show/hide paragraph marks as well as other nonprinting
marks, click the ¶ button on the Home tab.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Timmy21117" wrote in message

[...]

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post

wrote:

The next time the document is opened, (even on a different computer) the
text overlaps the image.

--
Timmy21117
I think opening the document on a different computer is the same as quitting and re-opening Word. But, yes that was my first try. Sorry I did not make it more clear.

Timmy21117 Timmy21117 is offline
Junior Member

Smile

;494070]For the paragraph containing the in-line image try setting your paragraph spacing before and after to 0.

Thank you. I will try this the next time it happens.
Timmy21117 Timmy21117 is offline
Junior Member

[quote='Stefan Blom[_3_];494072']If this happens with a particular document, only, it might be corrupt.

Have you tried copying the content, minus the final paragraph mark (¶), into
a new document? (To show/hide paragraph marks as well as other nonprinting
marks, click the ¶ button on the Home tab.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Thank you. I will try this the next time it happens.

What does the final paragraph mark (¶) do? Is there code attached which might control some formatting? I notice that when a new blank document is opened, it contains a single paragraph mark.

Even though the photographs were appearing correctly, I tried your suggestion. The document came over into the new file very well. All of the formatting looked correct. I wish I had saved the defective file.