Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] andreas.efthymiou@outlook.com is offline

Default Word 2003 - Not printing some greek characters

Hi,

I'm having a problem with word 2003, on windows XP. Sometimes, when I print a document written with Greek characters, some characters are not printed in Greek but in Latin. For example: ε - e ,τ - t ,α - a ,φ - f ,λ - l ,σ - s ,ς - s

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

andreas
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't remember anything about those two earlier systems, but what
font are you using? Are you getting your Greek letters from Symbol, or
are you using a proper Unicode Greek (e.g. Times New Roman)?

Are you writing in the Greek language, or are you doing mathematical
formulas with miscellaneous Greek letters in them?

How old is your printer?

It's very odd that both sigmas come out as s, since even in Unicode
they are assigned different code points.