Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ann Shaw

Default My Documents Folder - Duplicate

Somehow I have managed to get two My Documents folders. I have no idea how I
did it, but I can't delete the extra one (says it is system folder and can't
delete) and it is causing problems with some other programs that I use. Any
suggestions on how to resolve?

Ann - Windows 2000, Office 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You almost certainly haven't got two My Documents folders - merely two views
into the same one. I take it they contain the same files?

Ann Shaw wrote:
Somehow I have managed to get two My Documents folders. I have no
idea how I did it, but I can't delete the extra one (says it is
system folder and can't delete) and it is causing problems with some
other programs that I use. Any suggestions on how to resolve?

Ann - Windows 2000, Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ann Shaw

I really have two My Documents and they did both contain the same files.
Although I deleted the files from one because I was afraid I would edit from
two different folders. I renamed the second My Documents which is in the My
Documents folder "Cant Delete". When I am in Word or any other Office
program, and select "Open", it comes up to the "Cant Delete" folder and I
have to navigate up one level to My Documents. Is there any other
information I can send you to explain better? I can send screen shot of
files in Explorer if that will help. Thanks.

Ann

Ann Shaw wrote:
Somehow I have managed to get two My Documents folders. I have no
idea how I did it, but I can't delete the extra one (says it is
system folder and can't delete) and it is causing problems with some
other programs that I use. Any suggestions on how to resolve?

Ann - Windows 2000, Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ann Shaw

I forgot to mention, when I look at My Documents via Explorer I see all of
the files I've created plus the other My Documments which I renamed
CantDelete. If I try to delete the CantDelete it says it's a system folder.
When I open an office program and select "Open", it automatically come up
with the CantDelete folder and I have to navigate up to access my files. Is
there anymore information I can provide to help solve this? Can anyone help?