Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Chad Harris

Default Do Footers have any *retrieval significance?* Because..

MOS 03 & XP SP2 on box.

I notice in footers to legal docs like motions that they are long in that
they will have a motion title, style of a case, office address, and "page 1
of...". Obviously this is too many characters to be a practical name of the
document, so besides the anatomical fashion statement these footers make
that I like, do they have any functionaly *retrieval significance.*

I'm thinking they must put them there for more of a reason than just to
title the document because they've already done that in two places 1) the
coversheet and 2) up at the top.

Thanks very much,

Chad Harris