Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Martin

Default Extra space character in 2003

The post room at my company uses a barcode scanner which has stopped reading
our Word-printed bar codes since we upgraded from 97 to 2003. We're using a
bar code font called "BC Code 3 of 9 HR". The reason for the problem is that
the newer version of Word shows an extra space character at the end of the
line when using this font that seems to be impossible to remove (bizarrely it
stops showing when Show All has been switched on but that doesn't change the
printout which still shows the extra character).

Can anyone help because they're getting tired of having to manually key
every bar code!

Thanks