Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tourq31

Default Layout Prob.

When I use the Avery Blank temlate 8371 for business cards, the cards seem to
be shifted to the inside of the paper. So one side of the sheet is short on
the left and the other short on the right. I use Photoshop to make the card
itself and just paste it in as a picture from file. It seems to be centered
but I guess not...any ideas on how to get all the cards squared into the
template correctly?

Thanks, Josh
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Use the Word label pattern Avery Standard 8371. Create a new document from
the label wizard and insert your graphics -
http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm . Does that work?
The layout is simply a table, you can set the internal margins of table
cells from the Table Properties dialog.

Tourq31 wrote:
When I use the Avery Blank temlate 8371 for business cards, the cards
seem to be shifted to the inside of the paper. So one side of the
sheet is short on the left and the other short on the right. I use
Photoshop to make the card itself and just paste it in as a picture
from file. It seems to be centered but I guess not...any ideas on how
to get all the cards squared into the template correctly?

Thanks, Josh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tourq31

Thanks Graham for the Link... I followed it to the T and it seemed to work at
first but they still printed outside the cells and uneven. Any other
suggestions?
Also..Ive got a prob with color too...Heres the posts from that thread....

Thanks JoAnn for the quick response...OK...heres the thing...I Printed some
of my fathers Business cards about 2 hours before I ever even created the
card image that Im speaking of in this thread. His cards came out blue
instead of the yellowish
color there suppose to be. Weirded out by this I decided that i needed to
get some work done on my cards anyway...and would check the printing thing on
some of my cards since I didnt want to waste any more ink on his. So...when
I was done with my card...I Printed it out of Photoshop, Image Ready and
Microsoft Image Viewer...all was fine, so I decided to go ahead on the
Painfully expensive
"do-it-yourself" cards from Avery. And when they came out...I thought I was
in the twighlight zone...The Blue on MY cards had come out the exact yellow
color I couldnt get my FATHERS cards to print in. Not to mention the color
on My fathers cards that I had Printed Hours before even creating mine, were
the the color MINE were suppose to be....so Im gonna try to post some pics so
you can see what Im talking about...theses are MY cards the Original Doc. in
blue and a scaned version
of what printed.
center
img
src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/linctodarealworld/Nailzcard.gif"
alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"brbr
img
src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/linctodarealworld/JoshCard.png"
alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"brbr
/center
These are my dads...Original Doc. in Yellow and a scanned version of what
printed.
center
img
src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/linctodarealworld/Dadscard.gif"
alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"brbr
img
src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/linctodarealworld/DadsBuizCard.png" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"brbr
/center
I'm not shure if the images are gonna work in this forum...let me know if
they do...I just wanted ppl to see the erie-ness of the whole thing...

And any suggestions would help allot....

Thanks, Josh

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

What if you change that yellow to another color?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Tourq31" wrote in message
Yes mam...actually just put new ink in both the color and the black and
white...
the image prints fine out of all other programs...

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Did you check to make sure that you have yellow ink in the printer
cartridge?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Tourq31" wrote in message
Im using the Avery 8371 blank template to make some of my own Business
Cards
and every time I print them they come out Blue. There suppose to be
yellow.
The Print preview shows them as being the right color but every time I
print
I just end up w/ "more of the blues"....haha...but yea...can anyone
lead
me
in the right direction here. I've used this template before and never
had
problem. I even downloaded the template again thinking that might help
but
no
dice...

Got the Blues, Josh