Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guy Lydig Guy Lydig is offline

Default Equation: Fractions

Word 2007
Insert | Equation
When I type a number divided by a fraction using the Stacked fraction and
Small fraction templates on the Equation Ribbon, the Stacked fraction bar
automatically resizes to fit making it difficult to easily differentiate
between the two fraction bars. (Think: 3/2/3 written vertically. Is this 3
divided by 2/3 or 3/2 divided by 3?) Is there a way to prevent the resizing?
I want the Stacked fraction bar to be noticeably longer than the Small
fraction bar. I know I can use Linear or Skewed instead of the Small fraction
but I don't want to.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

There is no way to prevent the resizing.

A possible workaround is to add an extra space to the start and the end.
That way the fraction bar will be made larger.

Yves

"Guy Lydig" wrote in message
Word 2007
Insert | Equation
When I type a number divided by a fraction using the Stacked fraction and
Small fraction templates on the Equation Ribbon, the Stacked fraction bar
automatically resizes to fit making it difficult to easily differentiate
between the two fraction bars. (Think: 3/2/3 written vertically. Is this 3
divided by 2/3 or 3/2 divided by 3?) Is there a way to prevent the
resizing?
I want the Stacked fraction bar to be noticeably longer than the Small
fraction bar. I know I can use Linear or Skewed instead of the Small
fraction
but I don't want to.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

You could also use the "old" Equation Editor -- Insert Object
Microsoft Equation 3.0.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor