Andre

Default Fonts and prompts

I have two Issues with Access 2000 and Word 2002 (XP).

When merging to word from and access table the system tells me to the this
table is the source€¦(OK this is the norm per Microsoft), but then it prompts
me for the actual table
For the Source. This is not normal for I have 12 forms (docs) that have
merged info and
Have on only one that is asking for the actual source file€¦..

Any Ideas€¦..

Also, why does merge cause font size and type of font to change. I have it
set and saved for Tahoma (12) and it prints out with Courier (8).

If you look and the merge field properties or highlight it, it shows Tahoma
(12).
Out of 12 documents only 4 do this.

Any Ideas.

--
Andre
Peter Jamieson

Issue one:

Are there any differences between the one that prompts for the source and
the ones that do not? For example,
a. are all the documents using the same database, or databases in the same
folder?
b. are all the documents using the same table?
c. have you set up all the mail merge documents in the same way (e.g. have
you changed the data source connection method for any of them)?
d. have you applied any sort/filter criteria in this document?
e. are some documents using "Office Address Lists" and others using other
Access databases?

Also, why does merge cause font size and type of font to change. I have it
set and saved for Tahoma (12) and it prints out with Courier (8).

Please try the following:
f. remove any \*Mergeformat switch from the field code. Reformat the code
and result in the font you want, then try again
g. if that does not work, ensure the field code is formatted the way you
want, then add a \*Charformat switch

I would also be interested to know whether the following works:
h. delete one of the merge fields
i. insert two spaces and format them in the font you want
j. insert the merge field you want between the two spaces (don't copy it
and use Edit|Paste or ctrl-V to re-insert it!)
k. select the field and press F9
l. delete any of the spaces you don't need
m. try merge preview and/or merge to new document

Peter Jamieson

news