Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
AN

Default mailto merge switch

I am merging a directory of email addresses from Access into Word. The
Access field is a hyperlink to email the contacts. When I merge to a new
document, I get the email addresses and #mailto:emailaddress# at the end of
the address. Are there any switches so that only the email addresses shows
and not the #mailto:emailaddress# information? Currently I have a macro that
eliminates that information but it would be nice to skip that step. Any
ideas would be greatly appreciated.
--
AN
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Change the field type in the database to a textfield.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"AN" wrote in message
I am merging a directory of email addresses from Access into Word. The
Access field is a hyperlink to email the contacts. When I merge to a new
document, I get the email addresses and #mailto:emailaddress# at the end
of
the address. Are there any switches so that only the email addresses
shows
and not the #mailto:emailaddress# information? Currently I have a macro
that
eliminates that information but it would be nice to skip that step. Any
ideas would be greatly appreciated.
--
AN
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
AN

Thanks for you input, but changing the field to a text field does away with
the reason why it is a hyperlink. I regularly click on their email address
in Access to email individuals but I also like to email groups of people. I
use word to merge them. Maybe Word is not able to do what I ask. I will try
another avenue.
--

"AN" wrote in message
I am merging a directory of email addresses from Access into Word. The
Access field is a hyperlink to email the contacts. When I merge to a new
document, I get the email addresses and #mailto:emailaddress# at the end
of
the address. Are there any switches so that only the email addresses
shows
and not the #mailto:emailaddress# information? Currently I have a macro
that
eliminates that information but it would be nice to skip that step. Any
ideas would be greatly appreciated.
--
AN
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You should be able to do the same thing with an Access report.
Alternatively, the use of the Format() function in a query may covert the
hyperlink to text so that when you merge you just get what you want.