I get the message Microsoft Office 2000 premium error 1706

Old August 2nd 05, 12:49 PM
Fen dave

Default I get the message Microsoft Office 2000 premium error 1706

Hello,

This is the first time I have tried posting a question like this so
apologies if this si a common questions. My search did not find anythig on
this.

I have MS office 2003 on my computer, previously I had MS office 2000.

My operating system is XP home edition.

Whenever I open a word document that ahs been sent by email I get the
following error message:

The feature you are trying to use is on a cd-rom or other removable disc
that is not available.
I then get a further error message
Microsoft Office 2000 premium
error 1706:

This is very annoying.
The MS office 2000 was on a home user license from my old employer. So I
returned the disk to them when I left and upgraded to 2003 which was supplied
by my new employer on a home user license.

There does not appaer to be anything on the office 2003 disc that can remedy
this error message.

Does any one have experience of this error message and a way to resolve it?

Many thanks

Old August 2nd 05, 02:58 PM
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Dave,

Office 2003 does not contain as many apps as the Office 2000
product had, so when 2003 was installed it would have left
installed any app it couldn't replace. As you no longer have
the CDs (error 1706 is 'can't find the installation media/point'),
which can generally indicate something is broken in the installation,
you may want to try uninstalling any 2000 series app manually
from Add/Remove Programs in the Windows control panel.

If that fails then this article may help in manually removing
the remaining files, although the method and tools vary by
Windows version.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...us;219423&FR=1

========

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Office 2000 core update SF New Users 1 May 15th 05 06:26 AM
Help! I'm getting error messages too much-can't open Resume Wizard LizLB Microsoft Word Help 0 May 3rd 05 01:46 AM
Need DXF filter for Office 2000, Word DanZTI Microsoft Word Help 5 April 28th 05 11:58 PM
Find File with Word 2000 & XP Steve Microsoft Word Help 10 March 10th 05 01:03 AM
How do I download a page boarder for Microsoft Office 2000? Sixft7in Page Layout 1 February 23rd 05 07:54 PM