Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Aaron Elder [MSFT]

Default BUG: Word 2003, Normal.dot fails to save Outline Toolbar State

I can easily reproduce this on several machines. I am using Word 2003 SP1.
When you configure your toolbars, the state of those bars is saved to
Normal.dot. Word appears to correctly save the state of all bars EXCEPT for
the Outlining Bar. If I turn this bar ON, and close Word... it will ask me
if you want to save changes to Normal.dot (since I turned on to have it alert
me to changes) and I say "YES" and then next time I load Word the Outlining
toolbar is OFF again!

I an easily reproduce this bug on more than one machine.