Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default simple format question

i am a writer and cannot seem to find a way use as a default template a
plain old word document that: indents the first paragraph,
double-spaces and uses times new roman 12 pt.

I have ms basic office 2003. seems to me my old word did this.

p.s. would also love any advice as to how to have a new document appear
without having to go through the multisteps of deciding whether it's a
new doc or folder, etc., i want to create.

thanks anyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

You can get something like this at
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordsintotype/Template.htm.

Although you could customize Normal.dot to do this, I do not recommend it;
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm.

It is much better to use a specific template for this purpose and access it
via the File | New dialog. Word 2003 makes this dialog somewhat more
difficult to access, but you can use Tools | Customize to add a button for
the FileNewDialog command on a menu or toolbar.

wrote in message
oups.com...
i am a writer and cannot seem to find a way use as a default template a
plain old word document that: indents the first paragraph,
double-spaces and uses times new roman 12 pt.

I have ms basic office 2003. seems to me my old word did this.

p.s. would also love any advice as to how to have a new document appear
without having to go through the multisteps of deciding whether it's a
new doc or folder, etc., i want to create.

thanks anyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Mike Seddon

Hi,

We have developed software (called DocTidy) which applies the template
AFTER you have typed your document (in fact it can apply and reapply
at anytime during your writing).

We have literally just completed some trials on a variant of the
software call DocTidy Author (I'm an amateur author myself and so I
was keen tsee us develop this).

It basically applies double spacing, Times New Roman font 12 to a
document at the press of a button. We'll hopefully be launching
DocTidy Author in the near future.

Cheers,
Mike

On 19 Apr 2006 11:53:25 -0700, wrote:

i am a writer and cannot seem to find a way use as a default template a
plain old word document that: indents the first paragraph,
double-spaces and uses times new roman 12 pt.

I have ms basic office 2003. seems to me my old word did this.

p.s. would also love any advice as to how to have a new document appear
without having to go through the multisteps of deciding whether it's a
new doc or folder, etc., i want to create.

thanks anyone!

DocTidy.

Got problems with Microsoft Word? Fix it easily with our software.
Try it for free
http://www.kutchka.com/products/doctidyhome.asp