Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Paul Warshawsky Paul Warshawsky is offline

Default Word 2007 bug? (or is it just me)

I'm running the trial version of Word 2007 (final release, not beta) on an
IBM Thinkpad T30 notebook. I cannot use the touchpad to scroll. (Usually
if I run my finger down the right side of the touchpad, the window scrolls.)
Scrolling still works in other applications. Is this me or is this a bug.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul Warshawsky

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Presumably, the touchpad's driver is supposed to convert that gesture
into the same Windows message that the scroll wheel on a mouse would
generate. We've had several reports here that Word 2007 doesn't "see"
the scroll wheel of certain mice but works ok with others.

You could check the IBM web site (or maybe it's Lenovo's site now) for
an updated touchpad driver. Other than that, I can't suggest a fix.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:23:38 -0500, "Paul Warshawsky"
wrote:

I'm running the trial version of Word 2007 (final release, not beta) on an
IBM Thinkpad T30 notebook. I cannot use the touchpad to scroll. (Usually
if I run my finger down the right side of the touchpad, the window scrolls.)
Scrolling still works in other applications. Is this me or is this a bug.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul Warshawsky

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Paul Warshawsky Paul Warshawsky is offline

Driver is up-to-date. I'd love to report this to microsoft, but I cannot
access the online support (presumably because it is a trial version?) I'm
hoping that microsoft keeps an eye on these newsgroups. I generally like
2007, but not being able to scroll is a deal-breaker for me. (Glad I got to
try before buying.)

Paul

wrote:

I'm running the trial version of Word 2007 (final release, not beta) on an
IBM Thinkpad T30 notebook. I cannot use the touchpad to scroll. (Usually
if I run my finger down the right side of the touchpad, the window
scrolls.)
Scrolling still works in other applications. Is this me or is this a bug.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul Warshawsky

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:23:38 -0500 from Paul Warshawsky
:
I'm running the trial version of Word 2007 (final release, not beta) on an
IBM Thinkpad T30 notebook. I cannot use the touchpad to scroll. (Usually
if I run my finger down the right side of the touchpad, the window scrolls.)
Scrolling still works in other applications. Is this me or is this a bug.
Any thoughts?

I don't (and won't) have 2007, but Word 2003 definitely has its own
non-standard keyboard interface so I'm not surprised 2007 has a non-
standard mouse interface.

Details:

I have a laptop, with NumLock off. In any other program, including
Excel 2003 and Access 2003, I can get a special character like é
(character 233) by pressing and holding Fn and Alt, then 0-2-3-3. But
not in Word 2003. There are, of course, other ways in Word, but the
standard way does not work. (There was a long interchange about that
in this newsgroup, in spring 2005 if I recall correctly.)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/