Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PianoGal PianoGal is offline

Default Trouble deleting (not hiding) pilcrow

Hi! I'm editing a doc that I didn't create, and the creator used hard
returns to make more white space. Usually, I can just backspace and get rid
of the white space, but sometimes there are stubborn ones that will not
delete. I even tried the trick of going to the first one and pressing delete
to get subsequent ones to delete. I'm using Word2003 on a PC with XP.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LS LS is offline

I've had this happen in the past. For me, it was when there were tracked
changes in the document but they weren't showing up on the screen. On the
reviewing bar, if it says "Final", change it to "Final Showing Markup". Once
I accepted them all, I was able to delete the para marks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PianoGal PianoGal is offline

Thank you! Boy, did that do the trick!

"LS" wrote:

I've had this happen in the past. For me, it was when there were tracked
changes in the document but they weren't showing up on the screen. On the
reviewing bar, if it says "Final", change it to "Final Showing Markup". Once
I accepted them all, I was able to delete the para marks.

Pilcrow Sign elemspedteacher Microsoft Word Help 14 January 11th 07 02:58 PM
the pilcrow sign stephen Microsoft Word Help 4 December 29th 06 10:46 PM
Having trouble deleting Nathalie2973 Microsoft Word Help 3 October 17th 05 08:10 PM
Pilcrow mdv Microsoft Word Help 2 June 9th 05 07:04 PM
Pilcrow mdv Microsoft Word Help 0 February 24th 05 04:55 AM