BWashington

Default AutoText in protected forms

I am working on a form that needs a multiple choice option for a significant
amount of text (multiple lines in the document). The form has to be
completely protected so no user can change the wording.

My multiple choice option is within a paragraph. I tried splitting the
sections to allow autotext to work (even though that section would be
editable), but choosing a continuous section break restarts the new section
on another line. I also tried drop down fields, but quickly ran into the
character limit. Combo boxes won't wrap.

Is there some other way (coding or otherwise) that functions similar to
autotext to work on a completely protected form?
BWashington

**Reposted in a new topic**

I am working on a form that needs a multiple choice option for a significant
amount of text (multiple lines in the document). The form has to be
completely protected so no user can change the wording.

My multiple choice option is within a paragraph. I tried splitting the
sections to allow autotext to work (even though that section would be
editable), but choosing a continuous section break restarts the new section
on another line. I also tried drop down fields, but quickly ran into the
character limit. Combo boxes won't wrap.

Is there some other way (coding or otherwise) that functions similar to
autotext (but can be integrated within a paragraph) to work on a completely
protected form?

Thanks in advance!

Michael_Corral

I am sure one of us MS Office gurus can help, but personally, I need some
more info. What type of document are you making and for what purpose? Can
you provide a sample question and the answers and what you would like it to
look like? And please provide any other helpful information you can provide.

To answer your question about doing something similar to Auto Text, I would
use Macros and I maybe able to give you some help with this if you could
provide a little more info.

--
Top Notch Admin

"BWashington" wrote:

**Reposted in a new topic**

I am working on a form that needs a multiple choice option for a significant
amount of text (multiple lines in the document). The form has to be
completely protected so no user can change the wording.

My multiple choice option is within a paragraph. I tried splitting the
sections to allow autotext to work (even though that section would be
editable), but choosing a continuous section break restarts the new section
on another line. I also tried drop down fields, but quickly ran into the
character limit. Combo boxes won't wrap.

Is there some other way (coding or otherwise) that functions similar to
autotext (but can be integrated within a paragraph) to work on a completely
protected form?

Thanks in advance!

Graham Mayor

Would http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm work (using autotext) for you?

BWashington wrote:
**Reposted in a new topic**

I am working on a form that needs a multiple choice option for a
significant amount of text (multiple lines in the document). The
form has to be completely protected so no user can change the wording.

My multiple choice option is within a paragraph. I tried splitting
the sections to allow autotext to work (even though that section
would be editable), but choosing a continuous section break restarts
the new section on another line. I also tried drop down fields, but
quickly ran into the character limit. Combo boxes won't wrap.

Is there some other way (coding or otherwise) that functions similar
to autotext (but can be integrated within a paragraph) to work on a
completely protected form?

Thanks in advance!

BWashington

Thanks for the replies. I looked at the website listed, but am beginning to
think what my requestor wants is impossible. I just learned that more than
one option may be selected by the user.

Example:

"Your request for access to this information is denied because you do not
have the right to access this information. Insert Option(s) here. The
decision to deny access to is not subject to review."

Option 1 contains 19 characters (with spaces)
Option 2 contains 105 characters (with spaces)
Option 3 contains 141 characters (with spaces)
Option 4 contains 399 characters (with spaces)
Option 5 contains 315 characters (with spaces)
Option 6 contains 189 characters (with spaces)

When the user chooses his/her option(s), the paragraph will reflect those
choices. Below reflects the user choosing 2, 4 and 6.

"Your request for access to this information is denied because you do not
have the right to access this information. Option 2 contains 105 characters
(with spaces). Option 4 contains 399 characters (with spaces). Option 6
contains 189 characters (with spaces). The decision to deny access to is not
subject to review."

These docs with multiple option issues are used to respond to Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requests, and cannot be
changed format or content wise in any way (I can't just make a list of all
the options with check boxes or let the user have control over copying and
pasting the needed text in the document).

Again, thanks in advance for any insight you may have into this issue.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Would http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm work (using autotext) for you?

BWashington wrote:
**Reposted in a new topic**

I am working on a form that needs a multiple choice option for a
significant amount of text (multiple lines in the document). The
form has to be completely protected so no user can change the wording.

My multiple choice option is within a paragraph. I tried splitting
the sections to allow autotext to work (even though that section
would be editable), but choosing a continuous section break restarts
the new section on another line. I also tried drop down fields, but
quickly ran into the character limit. Combo boxes won't wrap.

Is there some other way (coding or otherwise) that functions similar
to autotext (but can be integrated within a paragraph) to work on a
completely protected form?

Thanks in advance!

Graham Mayor

I don't think this can be done in Word - I cannot think of a way of refusing
access to part of the document that a user couldn't easily get around as
required by your example.

BWashington wrote:
[...]

not have the right to access this information. Option 2 contains 105

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Would http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm work (using autotext) for
you?

**Reposted in a new topic**