WayneS

Default Style Setting

Word 2000 (9.0.6926 SP3)

I highlight 4 words in a document and press the Style dropdown. I select
'Heading 3'. The text is changed to bold 11 points and that is correct for
'Heading 3'.

However, when I put the cursor on any of the 4 words 'Heading 3' does not
appear in the Style dropdown box. The text is not recognized as 'Heading 3'
when I create a table of contents in which I have defined the toc to include
'Heading 3'.

I have been editing and applying styles in this document for over 1 year.
Many other text sections are set to 'Heading 3' and they seem fine. This is
a large document.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wayne
Greg

Wayne,

I don't know about the many other text sections that appear fine, but
to do what you are trying to do in Word2000 you will need to use the
run in side heading method described he
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/RunInSidehead.htm