Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yuri Ivanov Yuri Ivanov is offline

Default How to convert lower case index entry tag to upper case?

Hello everybody,
I have MS Word 2003 documents that contain many index entries. Some of them
look like this {XE "text"} and some of them look like this {xe "text"}.

I also noticed that if I save the .doc as .rtf then all of my index entries
become lower case, i.e. {xe "text"}.

For further processing I need all index entries to look like this {XE
"text"}.

I cannot find a way to search and replace lower case with upper case in
fields. Is there a way to search and replace or do anything else but to make
them upper case?

Thanks!
Yuri
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Yuri

Yuri Ivanov wrote:
I have MS Word 2003 documents that contain many index entries. Some of them
look like this {XE "text"} and some of them look like this {xe "text"}.

I also noticed that if I save the .doc as .rtf then all of my index entries
become lower case, i.e. {xe "text"}.

For further processing I need all index entries to look like this {XE
"text"}.

That processing must take place outside of Word (or the result of the
processing), since Word doesn't really care about the case here.

I cannot find a way to search and replace lower case with upper case in
fields. Is there a way to search and replace or do anything else but to make
them upper case?

Hmm, a very simple approach would be to search for " xe " (a lowercase
xe preceded and followed with a space; withouth the quotes) and replace
with empty, formatting: AllCaps. Unless " xe ".

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yuri Ivanov Yuri Ivanov is offline

Hello Robert,
Hmm, this is just weird, because I have tried simply searching for "xe" and
replacing it with "XE", or as you said using empty formatting set to All
Caps...

For some reason I could not search inside the fields.

I don't know, but it did not work. Now it is working... I feel stupid!

Thank you!
Yuri

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Yuri

Yuri Ivanov wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you have Hidden text displayed when you did the search? You could also
try searching for ^19 xe and replacing with ^& formatted as All Caps.

"Yuri Ivanov" wrote in message
Hello Robert,
Hmm, this is just weird, because I have tried simply searching for "xe"

and
replacing it with "XE", or as you said using empty formatting set to All
Caps...

For some reason I could not search inside the fields.

I don't know, but it did not work. Now it is working... I feel stupid!

Thank you!
Yuri

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Yuri

Yuri Ivanov wrote:
[...]

format numbers as words 007djr Microsoft Word Help 3 February 23rd 06 09:40 AM
Convert numeric value into english word RKS Microsoft Word Help 1 August 25th 05 07:33 PM
CardText Field Switch JoyceA Mailmerge 2 June 18th 05 11:05 AM
Method for displaying dollar amount as written on bank check samandmonty Microsoft Word Help 5 May 11th 05 10:54 PM
How do I turn dollar amounts into words? Theresa Wright New Users 5 January 25th 05 10:28 AM