Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
utility midfielder utility midfielder is offline

Default Need to switch Dictionary Language

Letter written in English by colleague in Switzerland. I made changes, went
to spelling and grammar to check and the dictionary it is using in "French
(Switzerland)" I am assuming it might be because it was written on a system
with that language as the default. How can I check this using English
Dictionary.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"utility midfielder" wrote:

Letter written in English by colleague in Switzerland. I made changes, went
to spelling and grammar to check and the dictionary it is using in "French
(Switzerland)" I am assuming it might be because it was written on a system
with that language as the default. How can I check this using English
Dictionary.

Answering my own post. I did not realize that you must "select all" text
and then go to Tools, Language, Select Language and then select the desired
spell check language. In my case there were parts that were still defaulted
to French.