Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Leonard F Kiesling Leonard F Kiesling is offline

Default what are these asian features in word 2002?

using new dell vista desktop. i installed my 2002 word from my 2004 works
suite. there was a trial microsoft office small business edition trial
version already installed by dell, which i believe had word 2003. i did not
follow through with the trial activation, entering the trial product key
code, when i opened the word program. i ran into difficulty when i tried
downloading a calendar wizard from the microsoft office site. it opened the
trial word program, which displayed the product id code box. i cancelled
out, & then uninstalled the whole trial office package in add/remove.

now i see in the 2002 an "asian layout" under format, & "japanese
consistency checker" under toolslanguages.

are these items supposed to be there? is there a way to remove them? under
change text direction, there are asian letters next to english in the
orientation boxes.

or, should i just uninstall the 2002 & re-install?

thank you. len kiesling

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Remove Asian languages from the Enabled languages list in Word 2002. To
do this in Windows XP, you would click on Start | All Programs |
Microsoft Office Tools | Microsoft Office XP Language Settings, and in
the Enabled languages list, select and remove all Asian languages. I
don't have Vista, but I'm guessing the method is similar.

Leonard F Kiesling wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Leonard F Kiesling Leonard F Kiesling is offline

Default solved- what are these asian features in word 2002?

thank you! thank you! thank you!
it worked exactly as per your directions!

i had to install the "office xp language settings" tool off master disk. i
had the shortcut on the startall programs menu, under microsoft office
tools. upon clicking the program, a message box advised to insert disk. it
was easy. it prompted you step by step to install it!

much appreciation to these life saving newsgroups & folks like yourself!

thank you! len kiesling

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Leonard F Kiesling wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Leonard F Kiesling Leonard F Kiesling is offline

i just viewed in my 2002 word program on the drop down menu view toolbars,
and there are 3 items that aren't listed on my work, 2002 word, using xp
pro, & my home 2002 word on xp home version.

the drop down viewtoolbars shows "extended formatting", "function key
display" & "japanese greetings".
they are not checked under the options in viewtoolbarsoptions.

is there a way to remove them from the drop down toolbar?

thank you, len kiesling

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...