Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Daniel is offline

Default ALterring the Toolbar that appears above selected text

How do I alter the toolbar that appears above a highlighted word?
--
Stick
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Would that be the "floatie" in Word 2007? I don't think that you can.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Daniel" wrote in message
How do I alter the toolbar that appears above a highlighted word?
--
Stick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Daniel is offline

Yes that would be the 'floatie'! Is that the tech term for it I was
trying to insert the underline command into the floatie. ANYONE????????
--
Stick

"Daniel" wrote in message
How do I alter the toolbar that appears above a highlighted word?
--
Stick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Actually, it was first called the "floatie," and then it was decided that
this might be considered borderline obscene, so they came up with "minibar,"
which a lot of us liked, but they decided that was a bit risky, too, so the
official name is "Mini Toolbar." thud

"Daniel" wrote in message
How do I alter the toolbar that appears above a highlighted word?
--
Stick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

IIRC, there was only one dissenting member at that meeting when the name
MiniBar was first broached. Unfortunately, he had more clout than the rest
of us!
--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Actually, it was first called the "floatie," and then it was decided that
this might be considered borderline obscene, so they came up with
"minibar,"
which a lot of us liked, but they decided that was a bit risky, too, so
the
official name is "Mini Toolbar." thud

so
all may benefit.

"Daniel" wrote in message
How do I alter the toolbar that appears above a highlighted word?
--
Stick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you use the floatie (I am going to continue to call it that) when you
have selected a word that has been underlined, and you click on what I am
going to call the Format Painter button (the A with an artist's paintbrush),
you can "Save the selection as a new quick style) so that you can then apply
it by clicking on the Format Painter button and selecting it from the dialog
that appears.