Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LEESON LEESON is offline

Default Tab Removing and Setting

Is there any way to remove and set tabs for a documnet. The only way I've
been able to find is to do it on a paragraph by paragraph basis. It seem way
too cumbersome.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Sure is cumbersome. Try adding the tab to the style instead.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"LEESON" wrote in message
Is there any way to remove and set tabs for a documnet. The only way I've
been able to find is to do it on a paragraph by paragraph basis. It seem
way
too cumbersome.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Format | Tabs and click on Clear all. If you want to set by document and the
document has been typed, then select all before setting tabs. If the document
has not been typed, then set tabs at the beginning and they will apply to all
the document. You can still remove on paragraph basis. Hope this helps.
--
Rae Drysdale

"LEESON" wrote:

Is there any way to remove and set tabs for a documnet. The only way I've
been able to find is to do it on a paragraph by paragraph basis. It seem way
too cumbersome.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LEESON LEESON is offline

When I clear all tabs, the default tabs ever 0.5 inches still remaing. I
want to clear all the default tabs and have just one tab stop on the
page/document. Somehow I think I am making this much harder than it needs to
be.

"LEESON" wrote:

Is there any way to remove and set tabs for a documnet. The only way I've
been able to find is to do it on a paragraph by paragraph basis. It seem way
too cumbersome.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Word has tab stops set every 0.5 inches. You can change this in the Format |
Tabs dialog box. However, when you set a tab all tabs to the left of that tab
are cleared, so if your one tab is close to the right margin all tabs will be
eliminated. Hope this helps your understanding of tabs. Depending on what you
are trying to achieve, tabs may not be the best way to accomplish this. A
table might be more suitable. If you give more information we might be able
to suggest a better alternative.
--
Rae Drysdale

"LEESON" wrote:

Is there any way to remove and set tabs for a documnet. The only way I've
been able to find is to do it on a paragraph by paragraph basis. It seem way
too cumbersome.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LEESON LEESON is offline

Rae,