Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Eric C Eric C is offline

Default Microsold Word envelopes

Somehow, I've set a default which I DON'T want. Every time I try to create an
envelope, the same return address turns up and I can't erase it. It keeps
reappearing. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks for any help you can provide to what is probably a very simple
question!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

May vary depending on version of Word & which envelope feature you're using,
so sufficient detail is lacking to be sure of what to suggest. However, if
Word 2003 & ToolsLetters & MailingsEnvelopes & Labels you should only need
to put a check in the Omit checkbox immediately above the Return Address
block in the Envelopes dialog.

For a permanent fix, go to ToolsOptionsUser Information & delete the
content of the Return Address field.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/14/07 10:50 AM, in article
, "Eric C"
wrote:

Somehow, I've set a default which I DON'T want. Every time I try to create an
envelope, the same return address turns up and I can't erase it. It keeps
reappearing. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks for any help you can provide to what is probably a very simple
question!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Eric C Eric C is offline

Thank you, thank you. Worked like a charm. Slowly, at age 66, I'm getting
this stuff under control!
Thank you again,

Eric C.

wrote:

Somehow, I've set a default which I DON'T want. Every time I try to create an
envelope, the same return address turns up and I can't erase it. It keeps
reappearing. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks for any help you can provide to what is probably a very simple
question!

Mail Merge Envelopes: Recipients won't show up on envelopes?!?! Jamiller Mailmerge 4 November 30th 05 06:01 AM
Addressing envelopes in Word? Jessica from Mt Sinai Microsoft Word Help 4 November 27th 05 03:36 PM
WORD 97 - ENVELOPES Gerry Atrick New Users 11 September 17th 05 07:45 PM
Word 97 Envelopes Roland67 Mailmerge 2 March 20th 05 08:46 AM
Word 97 Envelopes Roland67 Microsoft Word Help 1 March 19th 05 08:05 PM