Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cksailor67 cksailor67 is offline

Default line numbers & border lines stopped printing

line numbers and margin border lines for my legal pleading documents have
stopped printing. Documents that correctly printed before, do not print
correctly now. I e-mailed the document to another computer and it printed
correctly. HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

cksailor67 wrote:
line numbers and margin border lines for my legal pleading documents
have stopped printing. Documents that correctly printed before, do
not print correctly now. I e-mailed the document to another computer
and it printed correctly. HELP!

Go to Tools Options Print and make sure "Drawing objects" is checked.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cksailor67 cksailor67 is offline

Jay,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Since I never go there (Tools, options,
etc.), how did it change? Or more important, can I stop it from changing
sporadically?

Again, many thanks.
Keith

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

cksailor67 wrote:
line numbers and margin border lines for my legal pleading documents
have stopped printing. Documents that correctly printed before, do
not print correctly now. I e-mailed the document to another computer
and it printed correctly. HELP!

Go to Tools Options Print and make sure "Drawing objects" is checked.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

That setting, along with many others in the Options dialog, is stored
in the registry (as described at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...ySettings.htm).
Sometimes Word screws up when it saves changes to one of the settings
in the dialog, and flips the wrong bit. Count yourself lucky that it
only made a simple change, instead of trashing the whole registry
entry and making Word unusable.

I don't know of anything that will absolutely prevent such problems.
On the other hand, like most Word users, I've never had anything go
wrong in that area. I doubt it will happen to you again.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman