Displaying Page X of Y correctly

Default get the Page # of the header correctly showing # of pages

I have created a 10 pg document & want it to show page 1 of 10, but the 10
keeps changing back to a 1, and it must be a changing # as the next report
maybe 6 pages. When I do the F9 it shows the correct# but I need to send out
to 25 people & don't want to havet to say they need to F9 whenever they open
it.
Thanks for your help
Jay Freedman

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Charles Kenyon

You don't say which version of Word you (or your readers) are using. There
is a bug in Word that is different in different versions (including
different SRs). See http://www.addbalance.com/word/pagexofy.htm or
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm for information on Page
X of Y problems. You may also want to take a look at:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm. If it applies you
may also want to look at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumber0.htm.

Anyway, Word is not the application to be using if you want to send things
to people and have them look the same on their computers as they do on
yours. For that, use a pdf format.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.